No purchase necessary. A purchase or transaction will not increase your chances of winning. The RE-FI AND FLY Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins on 12:01am PT March 1, 2006 and ends on 11:59pm July 31, 2006 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sweepstakes is sponsored by ScholarPoint, RE-FI AND FLY Sweepstakes, 3252 Holiday Court, Suite 112, La Jolla, CA 92037.
1) ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes is open only to current U.S. residents 21 years of age or older, who are already recipients of a Federal Student Loan (such as a Stafford, Consolidation, or Plus loan, etc.) on which money is currently owed. Employees of Sponsor or other financial loan consolidators, Sponsor’s officers, directors and representatives, agents, lawyers, and their immediate family members and those living in their household are not eligible. Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions, and wherever else restricted or prohibited by law.
Drawing periods (“Drawing Periods”):
Deadline for drawing 1 March 31, 2006
Deadline for drawing 2 April 30, 2006
Deadline for drawing 3 May 31, 2006
Deadline for drawing 4 June 30, 2006
Deadline for drawing 5 July 31, 2006
2) HOW TO ENTER. You’ll get a chance to FLY each time you pay on time! You may enter in one of two ways. Online Method: Visit the ScholarPoint website at http://www.ScholarPoint.com and complete the online federal Consolidation loan application form and sign using our Sign Online™ e-signature feature. If you already received a federal Consolidation loan from ScholarPoint, there is no need to apply a second time. Once your ScholarPoint Consolidation loan has been funded make sure to make each of your monthly payments on time. Every month you make your loan payment on time during the Sweepstakes Period, you will be automatically entered to win in that month’s drawing. A payment is deemed “on-time” if it is received and credited within 14 days from the due date. Mail-in Method: Write your name, full mailing address, including zip code, area code and phone number, email address, the type of loan(s) you currently hold and the lender for each loan on a 3x5 card and mail to: SCHOLARPOINT RE-FI AND FLY Sweepstakes, 3252 Holiday Court, Suite 112, La Jolla, CA 92037. Mail-in entries must be postmarked no later than the Deadline dates specified herein and received no later than 7 days after the Deadline dates, listed above, in order to be eligible to win. Entries postmarked by each of the monthly deadlines and received within 7 days of those deadlines will be eligible for that month’s drawing. All entries received after the deadline will carry over to the following drawing through the Sweepstakes Period. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the winner, the winner will be deemed to be the person whose name is listed on the loan. Entrants must provide all information requested in order to be eligible to win. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, will be disqualified. Only one entry per natural person per month. Sponsor will not verify or acknowledge receipt of entries and all entries become the sole property of Sponsor.
3) SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF SELECTED ENTRANTS. Each entrant who submits a qualified and timely entry will be given a chance to win a prize. About fifteen (15) days after each of the Sweepstakes deadlines, an entrant will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries received by their respective deadlines (“Selected Entrant”). The Selected Entrant will be notified by phone or email approximately 24 hours after the drawing. All Selected Entrants will be required to respond as directed to the phone and/or email notification within 72 hours of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, Sponsor may randomly select an alternate Selected Entrant. For Selected Entrants who are have already signed up for loan consolidation, you will be required to sign a release allowing Sponsor to verify on-time payment from any third party lender to whom your loan may have been sold. Failure to provide permission will result in disqualification of Selected Entrant and another entrant will be Selected.. Each Selected Entrant will also be sent an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (“Release”). Unless otherwise restricted by law, each Selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein.
4) PRIZES. GRAND PRIZE: During each of the five (5) Drawing Periods,, one (1) randomly chosen Selected Entrant will receive one (1) travel certificate voucher (“Voucher”) worth one-thousand dollars ($1000.00) for air travel on a major U.S. Carrier. Average Retail Value (“ARV”): $1000.00. FIRST PRIZE: During each of the five (5) Drawing Periods, 5 randomly chosen Selected Entrants will each receive one (1) Voucher, valued at two-hundred dollars ($200.00) for air travel on a major U.S. Carrier. ARV for each prize: $200.00 Total ARV for all prizes: $10.000.00. A “major U.S. Carrier” as referenced in this section is defined as one of the following airline carriers: United, American, Jet Blue, Delta, Continental, Southwest, US Airways, and Northwest. All travel must originate in the United States on one of the major Airline Carriers. All costs and expenses not specifically listed herein are the sole responsibility of the Selected Entrant, including without limitation, airport fees. Restrictions and black-out dates may apply and are governed by the terms and conditions of each airline’s travel or gift certificate program – see specific airline for details. If prizes cannot be awarded, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Substitutions are at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Airline voucher seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Vouchers are non-transferable and void if sold or bartered. The sale or barter of tickets obtained through redemption of Certificates is also prohibited. Any tickets obtained through such sale or barter are void and will not be honored for travel. Vouchers do not include a $3.20 Federal Excise Tax which will be imposed on each flight segment in the passenger’s ticketed itinerary. Taxes and fees are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Any taxes, fees, or changes paid at the time of ticket issuance will be refunded if ticket is not used. However, once redeemed, Certificates are void and will have no further value. Certificate travel may qualify for airline mileage points as determined by the airline upon which a reservation is booked. Stopovers/Upgrades/Waitlisting/Open Returns/Standby may not be permitted for tickets booked with vouchers. Lost, stolen or otherwise destroyed vouchers will not be replaced. Additional restrictions may apply, including specific airline requirements and black-out periods.
5) ODDS. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
6) CONDITIONS. Sweepstakes is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and to all decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Entrants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in these rules. By accepting a prize, Selected Entrant agrees to release Sponsor from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of the Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to use the Sweepstakes for publicity purposes in any media, and to use the name, likeness, and hometown name of the Selected Entrant as part of that publicity without any compensation or prior review unless prohibited by law. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of Selected Entrant, who may be issued a form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or operation of the process.
8) OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST. For a copy of these official rules until July 31, 2006, or a copy of the names of winners after July 31, 2006, send your request in a self-addressed stamped envelope (VT and WA residents need not affix return postage) to: ScholarPoint RE-FI AND FLY Sweepstakes, 3252 Holiday Court, Suite 112, La Jolla, CA 92037. Requests must be received by August 15, 2006.